Submit an article
Submission declaration and verification
With the submission of an article the authors confirm that:
- The work described has not been published previously (except in the form of an abstract or as part of a published lecture or academic thesis or as an electronic preprint). Please see our ethics policy for more information.
- That it is not under consideration for publication elsewhere.
- The content of the article is the sole work of the author(s) and that the article has been prepared with cognisance of our plagiarism policy.
- That its publication is approved by all authors and tacitly or explicitly by the responsible authorities where the work was carried out, and that, if accepted, it will not be published elsewhere in the same form, in any other language.
Prior to submission
- Please familiarise yourself with the policies of the SAOJ.
- Please read Instructions to Authors prior to submission. It will also be beneficial to familiarize yourself with the Instructions for Reviewers section.
- It is the responsibility of the authors, and not the reviewers, to ensure that the language, grammar, or spelling is acceptable for publication.
- Crosscheck all references to ensure that the bibliography is accurate.
- The corresponding author is to register on http://www.saoj.org.za
- Then, log in with username and password and click on â€˜New Submissionâ€™ to submit.
- On submission of your article, the ORCID (Open Researcher and Contributor ID) identifier of at least the corresponding author will be required. ORCID provides a persistent digital identifier that distinguishes you from every other researcher and supports automated linkages between you and your professional activities ensuring that your work is recognised. To register and find more information please visit: http://orcid.org
- All correspondence will be sent by e-mail.
- For any queries please contact the Journal Manager (Robyn Marais) at: email@example.com